more htdig

Glenn Little (little@cs.ucsd.edu)
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 16:24:42 -0700 (PDT)

  Sorry to bother you again. I finally got the package to compile on
  our alpha. I had to lightly change a couple of lines of code, and
  the Makefile.config.in file (to explicitly create one more -I entry).
  I tried building a large database right off the bat with rundig, and
  it hangs during htmerge (hangs, or will be running for a longer time
  than I gave it... it created a few files in var/tmp xxxaa, xxxab,
  up to about xxxah or so, then sat still for over an hour... "trace -p"
  showed no system call activity on it)

  So, I set the sights lower and ran it on a tiny index.html that only
  leads to a couple of files. This did go okay, but now when I do
  searches, it won't find, for instance, pluralized versions of
  keys. A search for "picture" does not find the word "pictures",
  a search for "glen" does not find "glenn", etc.

  Is this the way it's supposed to be working? If not, have you seen
  this problem before? I ran the two htfuzzy's that are in rundig.
  Shouldn't "endings" help me come up with the pluralized word? Is
  there a way to get it to find patterns, not just words (so a search
  for "len" could turn up my name as well)?

  Thanks much...

                -glenn
                glittle@ucsd.edu