help with HTDIG

System Administrator (root@alpha-pan.cqu.edu.au)
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 06:43:44 +1000 (EST)

Andrew,

Hi there,
I am trying to install your HTDIG search engine on an Alpha system running
Linux and I am having some real problems...

It would bomb in the compile stages, bu tI managed to get round that
with a few changes here and there...

The problem I have is that the program which grabs the infomation from
the remote site, doesn't do its job and there for doesn't build
the words file...

I'm not to hot on C/C++ codeing but I can get myself through most things, I was
just wondering if you had any suggestions I might try, or perhaps I can
recompile it with some debug switches or something..

I am happy to provide you with a list of any changes which made it compile,
I have noo idea how to make diff's but If you want to have a port of htdig
for the Linux/Alpha platform I will help out.. :)

Mahince:
Digital Alpha 2106A-266Mhz
64Mb Ram
RedHat Linux 4.2