htalarm extention to htdig308b2

Michael van Leeuwen (mile@cayennesoft.nl)
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 11:15:58 +0200 (MET DST)

Andrew,

Since I couldn't find the htalarm extension in the htdig-3.0.8b2 release,
I made a new patch for this release. I also added/updated the information.

For memory purposes, a part of the README is included.

I don't know if you want to integrate it into the distribution or rather
have me making the patch available separately on my own site. So if you
don't find it valuable enough or if it is too much sideway related to
htdig itself, please say so and I'll announce the patch on the mailing
list and keep it up to date with new releases. Otherwise I'll send you
the patch (hopefully a better format than the previous time) and a tar
of the new files (11.5k). I can also send a tar of all changed files (55k).

Greetings,
  Michael.

--------------------------------------------------------------------_-----_,o--
Michael van Leeuwen | Questionnaires on the Net & o' \'=`/
  mile@cayennesoft.com | Storing and Processing on Unix ? (o^o)
  Cayenne Software Nederland |-----------------------------------ooO--(_) Ooo--
------------------------------ http://www.dsdelft.nl/~lemval [lemval@dsdelft.nl]

Htalarm

Information:
    Often it is just to much to check every time to see if a document is
    updated. For many documents like calenders or documents keeping track
    of patches and updates it is nice to be notified if it has changed.

    ht://Dig can be told to notify subscribers about an HTML page that has
    changed since last notification. The notification will come by email
    and will contain the URL to the page plus some other information.

    Each time the document is changed, the META tag "htdig-alarm-date"
    has to be changed. For generated documents, as I use it for, this
    should be no problem at all. After indexing the documents are
    checked for any updates since last notification.