htdig: Segmentation fault in htsearch with Linux

Steve Chapel (schapel@utilicom.com)
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 15:18:38 -0700

I've recently inherited a web site where ht://dig was installed.

We have a problem with many of our searches, and I've found that if we
search for the words "New York" using the method "or", htsearch gives
a segmentation fault. Actually what I see in Apache's error log is
"Premature end of script headers", but when I run htsearch from the Unix
prompt, I get a "Segmentation fault".

If this is a bug in ht://dig, I can't imagine no one else has seen it. Almost
half of our customers' searches result in a "Code 500 Internal Server Error"
due to this problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem, on Linux or any other system?
Steve Chapel Software Engineer \ schapel@utilicom.com
Utilicom, Inc. Spread Spectrum Communications / (805) 964-5848 x227
323 Love Place \ FAX (805) 964-5706
Goleta, CA 93117 / http://www.utilicom.com/