Re: htdig: Local files

Frank G. Liu (liug@cs.rose-hulman.edu)
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 21:10:31 -0500 (EST)

It seems like the non-IP virtual domain patch and local url
patch from Pasi don't get into 3.0.8.b2

Frank

Matthew Jensen (mjensen@counsel.com)
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:30:12 -0700

> If by that you mean does it access the local filesystem if
> it possibly can, then yes - in the very latest version. Use
> the local_urls directive, as follows:
>
> # I have patched HTDIG to support local URLs, ie. URLs that are
> # read from the local filesystem rather than by using port 80. This
> # is a massive speed improvement when it can be done. These patches
> # are integrated into future releases of htdig which at this moment
> # we are not running.
> #> # Syntax here is local_urls: prefix=path prefix=path ...
> #
> # Note that this doesn't handle local users very nicely. -- RWMJ
>
> local_urls:
> http://www-dev.imcl.com/~rjones/=/home/rjones/public_html/ \
> http://www-dev/~rjones/=/home/rjones/public_html/ \
>
> http://annexia.imcl.com/~rjones/=/home/rjones/public_html/ \
> http://annexia/~rjones/=/home/rjones/public_html/ \
> http://www-dev.imcl.com/=/home/httpd/html/ \
> http://www-dev/=/home/httpd/html/ \
> http://annexia.imcl.com/=/home/httpd/html/ \
> http://annexia/=/home/httpd/html/
>
> Doesn't do users very nicely as you can see.

This is exactly what I want to do. I've tried using the local_urls
option, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Any thoughts?