htdig suggestion

Alex Rice (alrice@swcp.com)
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 16:45:22 -0600 (MDT)

Hi, I like Htdig: It's really fast.

I'm using 3.0.6. I didn't see this problem mentioned in your release notes:

One problem I noticed is that on the long form search results output, if the
matching text contains HTML it is passed right through to the output of
htsearch. This is usally not a problem, but if the displayed matched text does
not contain the opening and closing HTML tag, the rest of the search results
after that hit will be bad html and sometimes look really ugly.

Could you make it an option to remove HTML tags from the matched text in the
long form search results? This way the only HTML tags in the search results
would be from the conf files , and it could be ensured that the HTML is clean
looking.

Thanks,

--
Alex Rice