Re: htdig: substring match

Jyri Kaljundi (jk@stallion.ee)
Sat, 23 Aug 1997 16:13:15 +0300 (EET DST)

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Andrew Scherpbier wrote:

> I am not aware of any other method of doing a full substring search.
> However, what I can do is provide a prefix algorithm. I believe I can
> make that one somewhere between O(1) and O(log n)

Shouldn't some kind of tree structure fasten things up, like a tree based
on 2 or 3 or 5 or xx first letters of the word and then on the last level
having all the words that have the same 2-3-4-xx words in the beginning,
and doing search there. Just an idea.

Jyri Kaljundi
jk@stallion.ee