Subject: [htdig3-dev] Beta test report of snapshot 121000 with latest External... patches
From: Jost Diederichs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 11:23:30 PST
So far, results look encouraging.
I still have one problem on my test server at home (RedHat 7, gcc-2.96,
glibc-2.2, Apache 1.3.12)
There I have one directory (contains about 300 msword documents) that
requires authentication, so the first time I start with deleted databases
and run “htdig –i –u user:secret” and then “htpurge”. Everything works fine.
Then, to update the database I run “htdig –u user:secret; htpurge”. This
time htpurge dumps many pages of numbers. At this point the databases appear
corrupt. Running a subsequent “htdig –u user:secret” will produce about a
million error messages (word::compare….) to STDERR. Right now I can’t recall
whether I have to delete the databases or whether just running htdig with
the –i switch will fix things.
Am I using htpurge incorrectly?
May be some of you have an idea where to point me for debugging.
Second. On “make install” I noticed that the rundig script is not copied to
the bin directory if an old rundig script is already present. However, if
the old rundig script is of version 3.2.0b2 or earlier it is probably not
compatible with htdig 3.2.0b3 because it calls htmerge and not htpurge. One
of two things should be done. An outdated version of rundig could be renamed
(rundig.old) and the new version copied, or the installer should be advised
to remove or rename his old rundig script before running “make install”.
Jost Diederichs, Ph.D. <mailto:jost@QDusa.com>
Quantum Design <http://www.qdusa.com/>
11578 Sorrento Valley Road
San Diego, CA 92121
T: +1 (858) 481-4400
F: +1 (858) 481-1380
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Fri Dec 15 2000 - 11:33:34 PST