Subject: [htdig3-dev] Pending Feature-Freeze
From: Geoff Hutchison (email@example.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 21:26:39 PDT
It's finally that time again...
I did some cleanups today and looked at the calendar. I'm hoping we
can get things in shape for a feature freeze next weekend. (To be
fair, 12AM Pacific Monday, Sep. 18.)
I see two big chunks of code that need to go in before then.
1) Quim's htsearch code. (No pressure, I promise :-)
2) Merging in Loic's changes in mifluz (0.19 perhaps)
I'll be working on getting both into the tree and testing them out,
along with the usual documentation updates and various other work.
But I also need to know that everyone can build the snapshots as they
come out. So speak up *NOW* if you can't build the current 9/10
snapshot for whatever reason or it blows core at you or whatever.
For those of you who are new to this, after the feature freeze, only
bug fixes can go into the CVS tree normally (this includes
performance improvements and doc updates too). Anything else,
especially if it requires a new attribute needs a vote on the list.
If all goes well, we'll stomp out bugs and get things cleaned up for
a 3.2.0b3 release. Hopefully we can do a total freeze for release
around Sep. 25-26 or so.
To unsubscribe from the htdig3-dev mailing list, send a message to
You will receive a message to confirm this.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Sun Sep 10 2000 - 06:07:11 PDT