Subject: [htdig3-dev] Current Status as of snapshot 3.2.0b3-060400
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 00:01:26 PDT
STATUS of ht://Dig branch 3-2-x
3.2.0b3: Release date unscheduled: Unfrozen Tree.
3.2.0b2: Released: 11 Apr 2000.
3.2.0b1: Released: 4 Feb 2000.
* weakcmpr database needs to be writeable by server process.
* URL.cc tries to parse malformed URLs (which causes further problems)
(It should probably just set everything to empty) This relates to
* Not all htsearch input parameters are handled properly: PR#648.
* If exact isn't specified in the search_algorithms, $(WORDS) is not set
correctly: PR#650. (The documentation for 3.2.0b1 is updated, but can
we fix this?)
* Odd behavior with $(MODIFIED) and scores not working with
wordlist_compress set but work fine without wordlist_compress.
(Is this now fixed with Loic's merge?)
* Forward-Porting of NNTP code.
* Additional support for Win32.
* Make URL and Server blocks match documentation--i.e. change config
lookups in htdig to work as suggested.
* Field-restricted searching
* Date-restricted searching
* Return all results
* Duplicate document detection while indexing
* Method "exact" for phrase-searching on the entire query
* httools programs:
(htload a test file, check a few characteristics, htdump and compare)
* Turn on URL parser test as part of test suite.
* htsearch phrase support tests
* hopcount testing: are the pages actually indexed in the right order?
* Update cf_* pages to mention new config parser (i.e. URL-dependent config)
* Add thorough documentation on htsearch restrict/exclude behavior
(including | and regex).
* Split attrs.html into categories for faster loading.
* require.html is not updated to list new features and disk space
requirements of 3.2.x (e.g. phrase searching, regex matching,
external parsers and transport methods, database compression.)
* TODO.html has not been updated for current TODO list and completions.
* Update documentation to be *very* explicit about the new
* Can htsearch actually search while an index is being created?
(Does this work with Loic's new database code?)
* Error messages should be more informative if no URLs are indexed by htdig
PR#672. In short, programs should do a little more checking.
To unsubscribe from the htdig3-dev mailing list, send a message to
You will receive a message to confirm this.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Sun Jun 04 2000 - 00:01:32 PDT