Subject: Re: [htdig3-dev] Win32 port
From: Torsten Martinsen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 01:29:28 PST
> If you have patches, let's see them! It doesn't matter so much
> whether the patches are to 3.1.x or to 3.2.0b1, though obviously we
> prefer the latter. But we can port older patches fairly easily since
> we know where things moved. ;-)
OK, here goes. Attached patch is for a native port of ht://Dig using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.
- I still havn't figured out how to make MSVC understand that a .cc file is C++. I have had to rename/copy all .cc files to .cpp. This can of course be done in a build script.
- I have made a Win32 <unistd.h> that defines a bunch of Unix stuff.
- For now, signal handling is not implemented - MSVC does define signal(), but not sigaction().
- In the Retriever class, parsing of ~ is not implemented.
- have used the static version of the Berkeley DB library (libdbs.lib). This must first be built using the supplied DB_Static.dsp project.
- Winsock version 2 does not define rresvport(), so I have had to go with the deprecated version 1. Can the rresvport() call be replaced by something else?
- On Win32, you cannot use read() with a socket, you have to use recv(), etc.
- For now, htnotify depends on an external 'mail.exe' program.
- Before building, the attached htconfig-w32.h must be copied to include/htconfig.h (and edited).
- The patch also contains a fix for a bug in Fuzzy.cc: The constructor for class Fuzzy does not initialize the 'name' member. I have seen crashes due to this.
Once the patches have been integrated into the CVS tree, I will test them and supply detailed build instructions.
To unsubscribe from the htdig3-dev mailing list, send a message to
You will receive a message to confirm this.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Mon Feb 28 2000 - 00:14:36 PST