Subject: [htdig3-dev] Current Status as of snapshot 3.2.0b1-021300
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 00:03:45 PST
STATUS of ht://Dig branch 3-2-x
3.2.0b2: Release date ?, Unfrozen
3.2.0b1: Released: 4 Feb 2000.
* htdig/Image.cc doesn't use Transport classes.
* URL.cc tries to parse malformed URLs (which causes further problems)
(It should probably just set everything to empty) This relates to
* Not all htsearch input parameters are handled properly: PR#648.
* If exact isn't specified in the search_algorithms, $(WORDS) is not set
correctly: PR#650. (The documentation for 3.2.0b1 is updated, but can
we fix this?)
* Running on BSDI and similar systems causes coredumps because the regex
code is incompatible. We need some sort of configure test for this.
* SGML encoding/decoding does not work with numeric forms, e.g. " -> quote.
* Hans-Peter's sort-by-url patch for htsearch
* Creating 'httools' directory and creating a few simple tools.
* Multiple database patch
* ExternalTransport with non 'http' URLs.
* URL parser
* htfuzzy tests
* New config parser
* htmerge -m
* Update cf_* pages to mention new config parser (i.e. URL-dependent config)
* Add thorough documentation on htsearch restrict/exclude behavior
(including | and regex).
* require.html is not updated to list new features and disk space
requirements of 3.2.x (e.g. phrase searching, regex matching,
external parsers and transport methods, database compression.)
* TODO.html has not been updated for current TODO list and completions.
* Can htsearch actually search while an index is being created?
* Can we reproduce the DB2 errors that sometimes cropped up in 3.1.x?
(e.g. PR#473, PR#476)
* Is the HTML output of htsearch HTML 4.0 strictly compliant?
* Error messages should be more informative if no URLs are indexed by htdig
or htmerge. PR#672.
* Should we get rid of uncoded_db_compatible--the databases have
changed completely, so all databases should be built with
common_url_parts and url_part_aliases now.
To unsubscribe from the htdig3-dev mailing list, send a message to
You will receive a message to confirm this.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Sun Feb 13 2000 - 00:03:55 PST