Subject: [htdig3-dev] Current Status as of snapshot 3.2.0b1-020600
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 00:03:20 PST
STATUS of ht://Dig branch 3-2-x
3.2.0b1: Tentative Release: 4 Feb 2000, Code Freeze
Pre-release snapshot 2 Feb 2000
* htdoc/install.html does not describe current installation method.
(For example, what is the current directory structure?)
* htdig/Image.cc doesn't use Transport classes.
* URL.cc tries to parse malformed URLs (which causes further problems)
(It should probably just set everything to empty) This relates to
* Not all htsearch input parameters are handled properly: PR#648.
* If exact isn't specified in the search_algorithms, $(WORDS) is not set
correctly: PR#650. (The documentation for 3.2.0b1 is updated, but should
we fix this?)
* (Is there anything approved and not in the current CVS tree?)
* ExternalTransport with non 'http' URLs.
* URL parser
* htfuzzy tests
* New config parser
* Reports of problems with long timeouts (e.g PR#350)
* htmerge -m
* Update cf_* pages to mention new config parser (i.e. URL-dependent config)
* Can htsearch actually search while an index is being created?
* Can we reproduce the DB2 errors that sometimes cropped up in 3.1.x?
(e.g. PR#473, PR#476)
* Is the HTML output of htsearch HTML 4.0 strictly compliant?
* Do IP addresses for start_urls cause problems?: PR#634.
* Does Document::Retrieve or Transport close the connection properly?
(it didn't in 3.1.x): PR#670.
* Error messages should be more informative if no URLs are indexed by htdig
or htmerge. PR#672.
* Should the various translate_* attributes be retired?
* Should we generate documentation for attributes that have been removed?
(e.g. word_list, modification_time_is_now, etc.)
To unsubscribe from the htdig3-dev mailing list, send a message to
You will receive a message to confirm this.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Sun Feb 06 2000 - 00:03:31 PST