Subject: [htdig3-dev] Current Status as of snapshot 3.2.0b1-dev-120599
Date: Sun Dec 05 1999 - 00:03:02 PST
STATUS of ht://Dig branch 3-2-x
3.2.0b1: Unscheduled, Feature-Freeze
* Retriever/Server classes still need a cleanup.
(Geoff: Server is finished, Retriever still needs work.)
* Changes in 3-1-x tree must be merged into current tree.
* htdig/Image.cc doesn't use Transport classes.
* URL.cc tries to parse malformed URLs (which causes further problems)
(It should probably just set everything to empty) This relates to
* Server.cc does not use authentication when retrieving robots.txt: PR#490.
* Parsing of <meta> description tags and <img> alt text does not decode SGML
entities properly: PR#614.
* Not all htsearch input parameters are handled properly: PR#648.
* If exact isn't specified in the search_algorithms, $(WORDS) is not set
* htfuzzy endings: use of unlink fails if TMPDIR is not on the same
* <META> keywords and descriptions are indexed regardless of doindex.
* Vadim's config parser: in place, but currently only set for a few attributes.
* Marcel's 8x compression: not yet ready.
* Autoconf test for locale from Torsten: See PR#356
* ExternalTransport with non 'http' URLs.
* URL parser
* htfuzzy tests
* New config parser
* Reports of problems with long timeouts (e.g PR#350)
* Update cf_* pages to mention regex, new parser
* Update to mention phrase searching, regex fuzzy
* Can htsearch actually search while an index is being created?
* Can we reproduce the DB2 errors that sometimes cropped up in 3.1.x?
(e.g. PR#473, PR#476)
* Is the HTML output of htsearch HTML 4.0 strictly compliant?
* Does configure test for <alloca.h>?: PR#545.
* Do IP addresses for start_urls cause problems?: PR#634.
* Does Document::Retrieve or Transport close the connection properly?
(it didn't in 3.1.x): PR#670.
* Error messages should be more informative if no URLs are indexed by htdig
or htmerge. PR#672.
* Reported problem where -h is ignored if modification_time_is_now set to
false. (Should mod_time_is_now just be true and removed as an attribute?)
* Are <meta> keywords and descriptions indexed with consecutive word #s to
allow phrase searching?
To unsubscribe from the htdig3-dev mailing list, send a message to
You will receive a message to confirm this.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Sun Dec 05 1999 - 00:03:11 PST