Geoff Hutchison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 00:01:39 -0500
Argh. I hate modem connections--I shouldn't complain because I'm
getting it for free, but it's often busy.
So while I wait to test some stuff out, I'll remind everyone about
the feature freeze this Friday. It's a bit "soft" which I'll explain
in a minute, but I *will* make a 3.2 branch either Friday night or
early Saturday morning.
For those who don't remember the 3.1 feature freeze, here's a
reminder about what can go in afterwards:
* bug fixes
* performance improvements (I generally consider these as "bug fixes" ;-)
* memory leak fixes (ditto)
* tweaks to autoconf scripts, Makefiles, etc., especially if they
help fix building problems on a particular platform, etc.
* external code (e.g. updates to the glib code or db code)
* documentation -- this is a completely separate tree anyway
Finally, anything that comes after the feature freeze, but before the
final code freeze can get in by general consensus vote of the
OK, on my grand list of pending code, this is what's still out there:
* My ExternalTransport class
* Date searching: I know there's a patch, but it must be cleaned up
* Return all documents (e.g. with date searching): Not difficult, but
what should be the syntax? A query for '*'?
* Remove duplcate pages during indexing
* Vadim's extended configuration options
And a final hedge--this feature freeze is for 3.2.0b1. I'm sure we've
promised something that we've overlooked. I'm sure everyone will let
us know after release, so we'll "thaw" for a bit after the first beta
to take care of loose ends.
To unsubscribe from the htdig3-dev mailing list, send a message to
email@example.com containing the single word "unsubscribe" in
the SUBJECT of the message.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Mon Oct 04 1999 - 22:13:31 PDT