This document is adapted from the current TODO file and feature
suggestions sent to the bug database. It's obviously not the
end-all or be-all of possibilities (especially if you have a
cool suggestion). For more projects or suggestions on starting
points, e-mail the developer list: htdig-dev.
Restrict access to htsearch by Referer: HTTP header
Indexing binary files by filename (simply need to write a
minimal parser for this)
Search by example
List all documents (i.e. search for nothing)
Support for SQL backend database (patch exists for 3.1.x)
Search for included images
Restrict searches by date range.
- Reorganize documentation into "logical" topics.
- Categories already assigned, need to write a script to
break attrs.html into appropriate files.
- Perl, PHP, Java Servlet, ASP "wrappers" for htsearch
- Internationalization: Unicode/UTF-8 support
- Several libraries exist, we need to pick one and add
support in String.cc
- Support for XML
- MIME detection using "magic" like Apache's mod_mime_magic,
- Multithreaded indexing
- Multiple proxy servers
- Exclude servers based on server software
- URL weighting factors
- If keyword is in URL, document should match
Last modified: $Date: 2001/02/05 17:39:55 $