- Ensure compilation on a variety of platforms*, pref with several
compilers (gcc-2.7.2, gcc-2.8.1, egcs-1.1.2, gcc-2.95) with "-W -Wall"
- Minimize the number of compiler warnings: none should come up without
-W -Wall explicitly and very few even with these flags.
- Check all components for obvious faults.
- Test on htdig.sourceforge.net, any other important test websites, and test
- Run LeakTester, checker, purify or equivalent memory-leak detector.
- Run gprof and generate a profile report of *at least* htdig and
- Re-run steps 1-5 as needed (e.g. if other steps introduce significant
- Make a snapshot as a pre-release candidate.
- Update .version
- Update README
- Update htdocs (check RELEASE.html and copy ChangeLog)
- Update htdocs/THANKS.html
- Tag the CVS tree for release.
- Make a release tar.
- Make a release diff.
- Sync maindocs and htdig3/htdocs, ensuring the next website update
will include the new version.
- Upload the tar and diff to files
- Make announcements (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
freshmeat.net, lwn.net, ...)
Last modified: $Date: 2002/09/20 18:52:45 $